Saturday, May 5, 2012

A Successful Switch...

It is official!  We have successfully made the switch from disposables to cloth with Brady!  I am so excited to say that we are no longer paying for disposables!

Before I go any further... I would like to state that I was not paid for a "review", and I am not "endorsing" anyone or any brand by writing this blog! This is simply my opinion, and I thought I would share it!

I have recently become a Zulily junkie!  For those who don't know what Zulily is, it is a website that has a BUNCH of deals on various products for babies, mommies, and things for the home.  The deals change daily, and each "event" only lasts for a few days!  I have made several purchases from them, and really like most of the stuff that they offer!  A few weeks ago, I found a deal on a brand of cloth diapers called "JungleRoo".  The diapers on Zulily were $9.99 each.  For anyone who has ever purchased cloth diapers, they know that this isnt a bad deal!  I went to the JungleRoo website, and they sell their diapers for $20 each, so I thought I was getting a steal!  I bought 12 in various colors, and was more than disappointed when the shipment arrived.  Zulily has a strict policy on returning "intimate items", which cloth diapers qualify as... so I couldn't return them.  (They did give me a $30 store credit though... SCORE!)  So, I sold those diapers on craigslist, and thankfully... I had a Plan B!
A good friend of mine owns a shop in my hometown of Greensboro, NC!  Its called All About Baby Boutique, and while they offer many products and TONS of classes, they specialize in everything CLOTH DIAPER!!!  I called her up, and began asking a MILLION questions!  I wanted to know what her personal "favorite" was when it came to diapering.  I figured that someone who has access to any brand she wants at wholesale pricing... she probably had tested the market!  She had in fact done so, and HIGHLY recommended the Rump-A-Roo brand!  After oohing and aahing over the many color and print choices, I ordered 12!  When I received the shipment, I COMPLETELY understand why these diapers came so highly recommended!  They are basically like the "Rolls Royce" of cloth diapers!


 This is the Ladder 6 Print, and it is one of my favorites!!
You can see that there are a TON of snaps on the front.  This is a one size diaper.  This means that there are 3 sizes.  There are also 2 rows of securing snaps at the top.  This allows for many different sizes around the waist and legs!

The interior is as genius as a cloth diaper can be!  They are pocket diapers.  You stuff them with an insert.  The insert is called a 6R Soaker, and can be purchased in Microfiber, Hemp, or Bamboo.  Of course the best part about this diaper is the 2nd set of elastic in the middle, which has rightfully been named "the poop scoop"!!!  Nothing can get out of these diapers!  The interior lining is also incredibly soft and seems to only get softer with each wash!!

I am so glad that we made the switch, but I am even more elated that we found and chose such a GREAT diaper!  We love them, and don't forsee our opinions about them changing!!

 - Jessica

4 comments:

  1. Great review! I will be sure to share it on our blog soon :) I'm so glad you love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!! Share away!! I love them! More people might do cloth if they knew how great and EASY it is when you have good diapers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you found what you like and are excited about it.

    ReplyDelete