Saturday, May 5, 2012

Abbie's Busy Box


Anyone with children know all too well about the witching hour!  The kids get bored, they are borderline tired, and you have gone all day & have nothing left to give!  This seems to happen in our house EVERY day!  So, I decided to make Abbie a Busy Box!  I got the idea from Money Saving Mom, and used several of her ideas to fill the box!  However, I added a few of my own things, and I still have a few ideas that I need to put into play!

I found a box that we already owned and was sitting empty!  Inside the box are 8 activities that are quick to get started and occupy time!  I have a set of lacing beads, a pincher/puffball kit, a pipe cleaner set, a magnetic dress up doll set, a felt pizza kit, an alphabet tracing sheet, a dry erase board, and a felt cupcake kit.

I open the box when it is necessary and randomly select an activity!  Sometimes I let her select, but I didn't want that to be the way it was every time.  I want her to learn to be happy with the activity that I give to her as well.  Below are a few pictures that I took of her doing the activities or of the goodies in the box themselves!


Playing with her felt cupcake kit!

The felt pizza kit!

 The container with puffs & pinchers!

The alphabet tracing sheet (still needs to be laminated!)

I have more ideas that I need to work on putting together, but I probably wont ever stop adding to the box!  If I find another good idea... I will add it in!

 - Jessica

5 comments:

  1. I started working on one of these too! Cameron seems to have meltdown times and needs to be occupied! Love the felt pizza idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alli!!! I like cheap ideas!!! That one cost me 5 pieces of felt at .34 each!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea Jess. You are such a good Mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your busy box, I need to make one of these!!

    ReplyDelete