Wednesday, May 16, 2012

All Grown Up

Some days I am completely convinced that there isn't a soul I know who thinks I am capable of raising my children, or myself for that matter!  I am not sure what it is with people offering unwarranted advice on raising my kids.  I know I am not alone in this boat.  From the day I was obviously pregnant, people began saying things that always made me stop and think... REALLY???

I am not sure that people realize that I am all grown up!  I have had a LOT of life experiences that forced me to grow up, maybe quicker than I wanted too.  I have basically been raising myself for 10 years.  I have made a lot of mistakes along the way, but those mistakes have molded me into the person that I am today!  I am a kind, honest, OCD, ADD, considerate, friendly, dependable, respectful person (most of the time), and I actually do consider most everything I do... before I do it! 

Lately I have had a number of people question what I choose to put on the internet.  It is a HUGE insult to me when someone posts to me that I must not have considered my family before I posted something.  That is simply not true.  I would never put anything on the internet that I feel would harm my children or my family in any way.  I love my kids more than words can say.  They drive me crazy occasionally, but I love them just the same!  I would NEVER do anything to put them in harm's way.  I think the most frustrating part about this, at least to me, is that people choose to post these comments PUBLICLY.  This is where I feel insulted.  Perhaps if the comments were sent to me in a private message, I wouldn't feel so chastised!  I think I am probably a bit too nice, and I always sugar coat everything!  I probably expect that from people, because I try my best to never hurt anyone's feelings.  The truth of the matter is... when people sit in front of a computer, the filter tends to fall off!  Everyone says more online than they usually would face to face.

I just wanted to put this out there, for ANYONE who decides to read this.  I will always do what is in the best interest of my children.  If I ask for advice, please feel free to give it.  If I ask a question, please feel free to answer it.  If I do something to harm my kids, report me.  However, when I post a status update, picture, or comment on some one's Facebook... message me personally if you feel it was wrong.  I may or may not read the message in it's entirety.  I haven't gotten onto anyone's Facebook that I know and told them that something was inappropriate, and believe me I have seen my share on COMPLETELY inappropriate stuff posted.  I ask the same courtesy.  If you don't like what I post... don't look at it, or delete me.  I am a grown up, and I don't need people to tell me how to live. 

 - Jessica

2 comments:

  1. Stick to your guns, Jess. I think you're doing a great job and I really enjoy reading what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete