Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Rundown...





It seems that things have been constantly changing in our house, and i felt an update on our family was long due! In the last 2 weeks the changes have literally come every day! Some days it's a bit overwhelming, but we are learning to adapt quickly!

It has now been a year since we moved to Richmond, which means Derik has been a Partner for a year! He had such a difficult transition year, and things SEEM to be leveling off and becoming easier each month! In April, Derik & I attended our first Partner's Conference! We spent 4 days in Dallas and had many fun adventures! One of our favorites was the private show by Zac Brown Band, which we were front row at!!!

Abbie has been growing up faster than we would like!! We are currently working on Potty Training. This is a frustrating experience for both Abbie & myself. We have had quite a few accidents, but we haven't given up just yet. We also are working on breaking her of her paci. She has had a paci since she was 2 days old! We have managed to take it unless she is in the bed. This is the first time we have been serious about it! We usually end up giving it to her for something, but she hasn't been allowed to have it in the car or because she got s boo boo. It is strictly a sleeping comfort!

Brady is almost 4 months old, which is hard to believe in and of itself! Today we accomplished 2 firsts that were very exciting! Last night, Brady slept for almost 12 hours! He had a bottle at 8, and slept from 830-745 this morning! We were super excited to get him all the way through the night!!! (If only Abbie would get better at it!) He also reached out and grabbed a toy today!! It was so precious to see how focused he was. It's as if he has been staring at this toy for months and decided it was worth the effort!

As for myself, I have been going through all sorts of changes too! I still consider myself a new mom of 2, but I am getting adjusted! I am working on "Project Me" avidly (see my previous post) and have been succesful at some of the changes I wanted to make! I am excited to celebrate my 3rd Mothers Day tomorrow, and hope to recieve my first Mother of the Year award!!!

That about sums us all up! I am sure that the changes in our household are far from finished! We just hope that we can keep up with all of them :)

- Jessica

1 comment:

  1. Great post Jess. I love you! Hang in there with potty training, she will get there and the frustrations will be so worth it. I will help you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete