Sunday, September 4, 2011

A Unique Gift

Derik's God Sister & close family friend, Megan, is marrying the love of her life, Steve, this coming weekend!! We are so excited to be a part of their special weekend, and I wanted to make them a special wedding gift that they could treasure for years to come!

I took their wedding invitation and deconstructed it!! I cut the invitation into strips and curled all of the pieces, and used them to fill a glass Christmas tree ornament! I finished the ornament with ribbon to match their wedding colors, and a mini charm from the invitation. I used the actual charm that was on the envelope on top of the storage box. That way when all of the ornaments get packed away each year, they will have a home for this ornament!!

I love how it turned out and I hope that Megan & Steve do too!!


The finished ornament!




In the storage box...




Pretty lid, finished with a piece of the invitation!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments: