Wednesday, September 7, 2011

It's a "Build a Fort" kind of day!

It's one of those rainy, super nasty days outside. One where you really want to stay in your jammies, watch old movies, eat popcorn, and take a nap!!

We made it a pj day for sure, and after classroom, I battled with ideas to keep Abbie occupied!! On a rainy day (especially a pouring down rainy day) taking Abbie out of the house is just NOT an option!!
I tried coloring, but Abbie loves to color and we do it just about every day, so that was nothing special, and didn't keep her occupied very long!!

After running MANY unsuccessful ideas through my head, I thought building a "reading fort" for Abbie would be a fun idea!!
So did she!! She loved it, and it kept her occupied until lunch time, which was my main goal!



Heading in to check everything out!


She is pretty excited!


Exploring...


Testing out the seating...


Alright, this fort rocks!


Doing a little light reading!


 Alright, MOM... get out of my fort!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Building tents and forts was one of my kids favorite things to do. We all loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always put a blanket on the table for you girls... it's how Grandma did it and it worked great. She looks like she really enjoyed the Fort ~ great idea.

    ReplyDelete