Sunday, September 4, 2011

My new Grocery List

I decided that I was tired of writing out grocery lists and throwing them away!  Derik and I had been taking pictures of the list on the fridge for a while, but as my mom brought to my attention... you cant mark things off of that list.  That is not a good thing!!  I have come home without vital staples needed for my Eat Sheet Meal Plan!  So, I mapped out my grocery store in the most basic way possible!

I came up with just 6 categories... and everything that our family uses, falls into one of them.  Your family may be different, and your grocery store may not be laid out like mine, but it of course can be customized for you!  Some people may want to do cereal, pet products, baby food, etc, and get specific on the aisles.  I didnt want to do that, but you can print more on the back side of the sheet!


The categories I used were

Produce
Pantry
Meat
Deli
Cold Items
Frozen

I laid them out on a table in the areas that they are in our grocery store!  I printed the list, and laminated it!  Now I can plan my meals, make my list, and organize my shopping trip, so that I dont miss anything!  I will use a Wet Erase Marker, so Abbie doesnt grab the sheet and wipe it all away!  Hope this works... cause I am super excited!

Here is a download of "The Grocery List for Dummies"... enjoy!

 - Jessica

1 comment:

  1. Hey, here's an idea I used to use.. might help you. I actually typed up all the items I bought on a regular basis. I would circle them with a red pen when I needed them. I left space at the bottom to write in things. I did this for years and thought it was quick and helpful. You could take your new list and expand on it. Just an idea to grow your new list. Just a though. Take it, leave it, or delete it :)

    ReplyDelete