Monday, June 11, 2012

So many changes...

Things in our household have been changing every day!  It is hard to accept that fact that our kids grow up so quickly, but in reality... time doesn't stand still!  Some days I wish it would, and others, I am desperately looking towards bedtime.  It always seems like once you get into a good routine and settle into a schedule, everything gets goofed up!  We have had a few hiccups in the last few weeks, and I thought I would blog them... mainly so when I am old and gray, I can read them again!

Abbie has been potty training.  We began about 4 weeks ago, and it was a very bumpy start!  We bought everything that you could possibly need to potty train... if they sell it... we own it!  The list is as follows...

2 small pottys (one upstairs & one downstairs)
1 potty seat to put on a big potty
12 pairs of big girl panties
8 pair of Toddler Training Panties
3 Toddler Training Covers (vinyl covers... awful, dont buy!)
A potty watch
the "Potty Time" app on my phone
stickers
M&Ms
I made a potty chart
and we bought faucet extenders, so she could wash her hands by herself!

We also borrowed dvds and books about going potty from friends and family.  None of which really provided any incentive that she cared about the first week.  We gave it up and said we would try again later.  We started again, and things seemed to be going well.  We took a day trip out of town and she completely reverted!  Even though I packed her little singing potty, it was a total waste!  The Pull-Ups defeated everything.  
We stopped again, and started back up when she asked to do it.  We are finally having success, and she is actually doing really well!  She likes wearing her panties, and really likes it when we give her privacy in the bathroom!

Brady has had a huge schedule hiccup... and this one is beginning to get to me!  We are Babywise junkies, and had him sleeping through the night pretty early on.  That all changed about 2 weeks ago.  We took Brady to the doctor for his 4 month check up and the doctor told us that he should be going 4 hours in between feedings at this point.  He said for us to change his schedule and give him 6oz every 4 hours instead of every 3.  Our first mistake was listening to him!  Our second mistake was deciding that instead of 6oz every 4 hours (as Brady was not doing well with it) we would do 5oz every 3 hours!  This meant Brady was getting 25oz of formula in a day or 24oz of formula on the pediatricians schedule.  He needs 30oz, so this process did nothing except revert him back to waking up at 3am for a bottle.  Since mommy and daddy are completely exhausted and neither of us can remember the last time we got a solid night's sleep... we are nixing this plan!  Today I have been avid about scheduling Brady's feedings and naps!  I AM PRAYING FOR SLEEP TONIGHT!

Abbie has learned to say her full name (Abigail Farrar) and she is beginning to show early signs of reading!  She loves to "read" books to me!  Potty training aside, this is SUCH a fun age, and she makes me crack up laughing every day!  Brady is just as cute as can be!  He is so chubby, and I love it!  He laughs and smiles at me all the time, and it just makes me melt!  He is babbling a lot, and has really got the hang of holding his head up!  For those who didnt know, this has been another hiccup.  Brady was diagnosed with Torticollis, which means Twisted Neck.  In the womb, Brady laid with his head turned to one side, which caused the ligament on the right side of his neck to be stiff.  It has made it hard for him to turn his head to the left, which has in turn caused a flat spot on his head.  We have been working hard to fix it all, and it seems to be on the upswing!

On top of all of the crazy, I decided I would start up a little business!  It has been pretty quick to take off, and I am making a little money!  However, it does take time and focus.  I have enjoyed working on the orders though!  

I guess that about sums all of the crazy up from the last few weeks!  Abbie is about to get a BIG GIRL BED and our next project will be getting rid of her paci!  WHAT AM I THINKING?!?!?!

 - Jessica

1 comment:

  1. Love the post. Hang in there... they will be teenagers before you know it and that WILL make you crazy :) You are doing a great job. I love you

    ReplyDelete