Saturday, July 14, 2012

Rainy Day Fun!

The Target Pharmacy is loving us this week!
Since we have been cooped up and in quarantine all week... I have been running thin on ideas to entertain Abbie.  I also haven't been feeling 100% myself, and I have had enough of being a lazy couch potato!

I decided that I was going to find 3 fun ideas to do with Abbie today, and we had a blast!  As I walked into her room, to build ANOTHER fort, I decided that we needed something different! 

Derik made lunch, and packed it into our picnic basket, and we headed to Abbie's room to have lunch!  I spread out a few quilts on the floor, and we unpacked & enjoyed our lunch!  Abbie seemed to enjoy it, and it was pretty easy to convince her that naptime was next!


After nap, I had set up a fun finger painting activity!  I found a "Finger Paint Pad" of paper, finger paint, and a large bag of kitchen sponges at the Dollar Store!  So, this activity cost about $3!  I have PLENTY left over for many more rainy days! 


I put her smock on her, and painted each sponge with paint!  I used plastic knives to spread paint on like mayo on a sandwich!  I set the sponges on the plate, and she had a blast! 
She decided that the finished product would go to "Pa Wayne"!!! 


Finally... it was time for a bath, and I had been excited about this one all day!  I picked up a pack of 15 Glow Bracelets from Target for $1!!  I cracked them, threw them into the tub, and turned the lights out!  Abbie absolutely loved her Cosmic Bath!!  I have another tube of them, so next time we have a rainy day... we will do it again!!!



I love doing fun things with her!  I like to say we are "Making Memories".  She may not remember doing all of these things when she is this small, but the fun wont stop at 2!

 - Jessica

MORE PICTURES BELOW :)





She was so excited about the glow sticks!

"Mommy, you awesome"... I know, right?!?!

She loved it!

Another awesome idea!

Hey!  There is food in there!

Really??  We get to eat lunch up here??

"How your pinic, daddy"??  So sweet!

Enjoying our picnic!

1 comment:

  1. I love it Jess. What a fun day and I believe she will remember. I'm proud of you for being so creative. You are an awesome Mommy!!!

    ReplyDelete