Monday, July 16, 2012

My NEW Daily Grind!

I thought about my new "schedule" a lot yesterday, and I made a few decisions that I think are going to be awesome!  If you have EVER met me or spent so much as a minute with me, you have probably learned that I am a "little" ADD!  Well, ADD doesn't mix well with reading or studying!  I think that since I am, in general, on the go all the time, and always trying to plan for what is next... I have a really hard time sitting still!
Another small issue I have, is that I LOVE and I mean LOOOOOOOVE my sleep!  Waking up super early to fit in Quiet Time just isn't going to happen!  I don't get a lot of sleep, and disturbing what little I get, will make me a mean person!

SO, I have decided that every morning I will get up at 7am.  I have an alarm set and I have to physically get out of the bed to turn it off!  That is a MUST for me!  Once I am up... I am up!  Brady generally wakes up between 6-7 for his first bottle of the day.  Today he got up at 6:15, and he was back asleep at 6:45.  I laid in the bed for 15 minutes and got in the shower at 7am!  The idea of getting a shower EVERYDAY will definitely get my butt out of bed every morning!!!  Any mom can tell you, a shower is a treat!
By 7:30, I was downstairs... Brady in toe!  He decided things were too exciting this morning, and didn't want to go back to sleep!  I put Brady in the swing, and he was entertained!  I made a cup of delicious coffee (my new daily indulgence... Folgers Vanilla Biscotti K-Cups, YUM!!!  I still can't believe what happened next... I sat down in the glider, and read!  That is right, I read for 15 mins, and it was wonderful!  One of my other decisions when it came to my new schedule, is that I will give myself 2 30min Quiet Times a day!  30 minutes in the morning and 30 more in the evening.  I will spend one of those Quiet Times reading books to better myself, and the other with God.  Personally, God & I enjoy an evening get together!  Which works out great, because he is a pretty busy guy in the morning!  Seems that most people choose to do Quiet Time in the AM, so he is free for me in the evening!  I like to use that time to reflect on the day, and prepare for tomorrow! 
Since Derik is home, sick, we did devotion together last night.  We actually read 2 devotions by Dr. Charles Stanley, and they couldn't have been more perfect!  Crosswalk is the website I came across, and I really like it!  We also, came up with a Prayer Request list and Derik prayed.  It was a wonderful time together.  Most evenings, Derik is at work... so I will use the opportunity to meet with God privately! 

So, essentially, I have a new schedule!

7am - Wake and shower
7:30am - Coffee and Book
8am - Start my morning work!
DAILY CHORE, GENERAL CLEANING
1pm - Nap time, since nap time seems to fluctuate, I decided that this time is for me!  If I want to watch trash tv, this is the time to do it! 
3pm - Preschool Lesson with Abbie
8pm - Both kids should be in the bed, Get the house tidy and myself ready for bed!
9pm - Quiet Time... just me and Jesus!
10pm... time to go to bed!

I am not hoping this works, I plan to make it work!  2 small Quiet Times seem to me to be an easier task to tackle than one big time...  I CAN DO THIS!

 - Jessica

2 comments:

  1. Love your new schedule! Need to make one myself! I am using you as inspiration. You can do it and God can't wait to "see" you tonight. I am sure of it. PS - you have to share him in the evenings...mornings don't work for me either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of you Jess!

    ReplyDelete