Monday, April 9, 2012

He is Risen...



Easter Sunday has come and gone, and it brought some sweet memories!  While this year marked Brady's first Easter, it marked Abbie's 3rd!  Since Abbie was a bit older this year and able to do some of the fun Easter activities... we tried to fit as many as possible into our crazy schedule! 

Taking Abbie on an egg hunt was a top priority!  I knew she would really enjoy hunting the eggs, and I didnt want to deny her of that!  We headed to Hampton Oaks nursing home with our MOPS group for a BIG EGG HUNT!  The residents at the nursing home had a great time watching the kids go crazy, but my smiles were stemming from watching my little girl!  She was very quick for her age, and managed to collect quite a few eggs!  I had such a great time watching her, and she had a great time too!  Opening the eggs was by far her favorite part!  Last year we didn't get to do an egg hunt.  Easter was a crazy time last year, as we were packing our house and heading for Richmond!

Doing Easter baskets was also very fun!  We didnt tell Abbie anything about them, so they were a COMPLETE surprise to her Easter morning!  I think we plan to do it a little differently next year, as opening baskets 45 mins before church led to a MAJOR meltdown!  However, she was so excited to see the baskets, and pulled everything out piece by piece to check out all of the goodies!  Pa Wayne & Nana sent her a basket as well, and she was more than excited to have a second basket!  She didnt get an Easter basket last year either.  With the chaos of the move, who had time to shop!!!

Being that Brady is 2 1/2 months old, he didnt know or care that it was Easter, but we gave him baskets as well!  Mommy & Daddy enjoyed the candy in them, and he will enjoy the goodies sooner or later!  The bunny brought him a soft lamb, a spring outfit, teething rings, a football, and a Curious George movie!

The only thing that we didnt get to do this year, was egg dying.  But, I am not one for big messes, and I hate the smell of hardboiled eggs!!!  So... maybe we will do them next year!

Hope everyone had a great Easter holiday... we did!  It was a little more "real" this year though.  My focus on Easter, was truly the reason we celebrate, and I am so grateful that Jesus died for me, saved me, and more importantly... my kids!  I cant imagine putting my child through the trials that God put his son through.  However, I am thankful that he did...
HAPPY EASTER!




 - Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment