Sunday, March 11, 2012

Organizing Life

Since Brady's arrival, I have felt very unorganized and scattered!  I guess a newborn can do that to you, and when it is your second baby... you dont stand a chance of getting things together for a while!

He is almost 2 months old now, and I felt it was time to try and pick up the pieces around here!  While shopping at Target, I came across some AWESOME baskets that I have fallen in love with!  I bought 4 sets of them (a set had 2 baskets) and the cost was $10 for 8 baskets!  I used the baskets to get my pantry and fridge in order. 


One thing I have realized is that when we open the pantry or the fridge, we grab what is in SIGHT to eat.  I wanted to change the way the fridge and the pantry was arranged, and make the "healthier" foods become what we see first.  Usually in the fridge, the veggies & fruits hang out in a drawer which is supposed to control humidity.  Our drawer like this usually ends up holding fruits and veggies that are beginning to go bad!  So, I used the baskets to create a home for these items, so we see them immediately when we open the fridge.  Our leftovers also have a shelf all to themselves now!  This makes it pretty impossible to forget that we have leftovers, and they are actually being eaten!!



Same logic in the pantry... baskets hold groups of items that needed to be together. Items that need to be finished off are moved into ziploc bags, so that they boxes aren't creating clutter and taking up large amounts of space!

I think the pantry and the fridge look MUCH better, and I am hoping that my logic behind the purge & rearrange actually holds true!!!


 - Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment