Friday, October 18, 2013

Dearest Brady...

To my beloved Brady,

Today marks one year since we received your diagnosis.  The time seems to have flown by.  Over the last
year, you have met so many of our goals, and we have celebrated some amazing accomplishments.  When we started this journey, you were only 9 months old, and now we are quickly approaching your 2nd birthday!  I have watched you grow into the most amazing little boy I have ever known.  There are so many moments over these last 12 months that I will always treasure.  Seeing you sit unsupported after 3 months of intense physical therapy is a moment I will never forget.  Watching you drink from a sippy cup and hold a fork, clap your hands, and stack your cups, hearing your infectious laugh & seeing your illuminating smile, are all memories that I love!  However, I am not sure there is much that can top the day you finally began to crawl.  It was a goal we worked so hard to reach, and one we celebrated loudly!  The only moment that tops it was hearing you say your name!  It was a surprise that I was not expecting, and I am so thankful I caught it on camera!
In the years that lie ahead, I will continue to encourage you, motivate you, and celebrate every accomplishment with you.  You amaze me, and the possibilities in your life are virtually endless.  I hope you know just how much Abbie, Daddy, and I love you.  We are here for you, along with so many friends and family.  We are all so blessed to have you in our lives.  These challenges wouldn't have been as easy to tackle without the happy, giggly, and absolutely precious little Brady that we know today!

Loving you more every day...
Mom

1 comment:

  1. Love the post Jess. Brady will continue to prove the doctors wrong, just keep doing what you are doing. Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete