Monday, October 31, 2011

A Rainy Halloween...

Well, we didnt have the best weather for trick or treating this evening, but we made the best of it!  This was Abbie's first trick or treating experience, and I didnt want to ruin it for her!

First thing was first... Abbie needed to get her costume on!  It took a while, but I finally got her costume on and I made sure that she would NOT be cold!  She was wearing layers upon layers!  Thick tights, a short sleeve onesie, a long sleeve shirt, her dress, and a sweater... she was probably about to melt!!
After getting her dress on... she started to twirl!  I think she thought she was a ballerina!  I guess she could have been, but when you added the crown and wand... she was a princess!!
We grabbed all of the necessities and headed for the door!  I snapped a few pictures of Abbie before I realized it was raining!!  Then we jumped in the car and headed to Brad & Meredith's house, which is literally around the corner, to trick or treat with Camryn & Lexi!

Abbie had spent the day playing with Camryn & Lexi, but was still VERY eager to go back!  When we got there, it was drizzling... when everyone was ready, and all the picture taking was done, it was RAINING!
 
I picked Abbie up, hooked her candy bucket on the umbrella handle, and headed to the first house!  Abbie seemed to enjoy the evening!  She didn't fuss (except the one time I hit her in the head with the umbrella) and every time I set her on a porch, she reached for her bucket... and happily received her candy!

 She told everybody that gave her candy "Tan Tou" or in English THANK YOU!  

We went to 7 houses, and by house number 7, every one was soaked... and ready to be finished!  So, we headed back to the house.

After getting back to our house, and taking off Abbie's costume, she sweetly said "night night"!  So, we got ready for bed, and she was asleep almost immediately!  

All in all, I think the evening was successful, especially since Abbie didn't melt down and seemed to be happy!  She had fun with her friends, whom didn't melt down either!!  I would call this a great Halloween, just slightly damp!


  My pretty little princess!


Abbie's candy take from her first trick or treating...

 - Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment