Sunday, October 30, 2011

Preparing for Brady...

Well, it's official... we have a new nursery!  The reality of having another baby really hit me today.  I think I have said that about 5 times during this pregnancy, but there is no overlooking it now!  You would think my big ole belly, or feeling the baby kick, or finding out the baby was a he & giving him a name would have made it all very real... but nah!  It took furniture!!
When we found out we were moving to Richmond, everything happened VERY fast!  With all of the chaos, Derik and I discussed waiting to have another baby.  We both decided that if God hadn't decided we were ready for another baby at this point, then clearly it wasn't the right time!  So, we stopped trying, and went back to preventing!!  It seems however that we were a few days late on that decision!  We moved on May 1st, and we found out Jun 14 that we were pregnant.  It seems that even though we were preventing in May... we were already pregnant!
I don't know how most people are... but I am the kind of person that had checked out of the "baby" idea once we said we weren't trying anymore!  So, the shock of being pregnant hit me like a truck!  I was excited, but it has taken 24 weeks to create some reality!!
We bought Brady's furniture, and after everything was in his room... my nesting instinct really kicked into high gear!!  I put together his crib, and plugged in the baby monitor camera.  I put all of the newborn diapers in the drawer, and put the size 1 diapers in a box in the dresser.  I put all of his 3-6 month and 6-9 month clothes in the drawers, and found a spot for extra crib sheets.  When I was done and the room was "clean"... I couldn't move!  I just stood in the room, and the reality of it all sunk in!  We still have to paint the room, but it is a nursery now!
I remember how excited I was to get Abbie's room finished!  I would go in several times a day and rock in the glider, and just enjoy all of the work we put into her room!  I think I am going to take a stack of books into Brady's room and find a little rock & read time each day!
We have another ultrasound in a couple of days, and I am very excited!  I am looking forward to seeing our son again, and I know Derik is just as excited!
Abbie, however, is not as excited as we are!  She seemed more than confused about what the purpose of this room is!  No matter how much I explain it, I don't think she understands!  Hopefully that will get a little bit easier as Brady's arrival approaches!
I am looking forward to getting his room completed, but I am trying not to "rush" things like I did with Abbie's room!  Her room was 100% complete when I was 28 weeks pregnant!

All in all... I am feeling very blessed today!  I am so grateful for everything that God has provided our family with.  I am looking forward to seeing what he has in store for us in the future!

 - Jessica


 The glider, dresser, and a table I need to paint!  And a lamp that I made for Brady today!

 The changing table, and crib...

 Brady's crib... love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment