Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sometimes... things get messy!

This afternoon, lunch was a fun adventure!  We recently learned that giving Abbie meals on a plate, and not serving her one thing at a time... actually works well!  She gets several options, and she can eat what she wants in what ever order she wants! 

We visited some friends while home, and I saw her give her daughter applesauce and a spoon!  My first thought was WHAT A MESS... no thank you!  After thinking about it for a few days, I thought... I have a mop, and a washing machine... whats the harm!  So, I got brave this afternoon, and offered yogurt and a spoon with Abbie's lunch tray!  She immediately picked up the spoon, and when she realized what the spoon was in, she dug in!  It was the most amusing thing I have watched in a while!  She was so excited about doing it herself, and yes... a large mess came with the fun... but these pictures certainly made it worth it!!  She was too precious!!  Slurping yogurt, and getting it EVERYWHERE!!

Abbie's tray, only about 5 seconds after sitting it down!  Notice the yogurt on the hotdogs!
She did enjoy some the other food too!  Except the yogurt covered hotdogs... she gave them to me!

 She actually enjoys eating now!  She is so happy when you set the tray in front of her!  
 I finally turned the tray around so she could have better access to the yogurt!

 Dazed off, but slurping yogurt!

 Big bite!

Making sure that she got every drop of yogurt off the spoon!!

I have to thank Karyn for the idea, so the credit goes to her!!  If you are reading this... thank you!! 

1 comment:

  1. Jessica, I'm very proud of you for giving Abbie the chance to feed herself. I know it's hard dealing with the mess, but you have a great attitude about it. Cute pictures! Thanks for sharing the post.

    ReplyDelete