Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Can he really be 1 already?

1 Year old... WOW!
Sweet sweet Brady boy... I can't believe you aren't a baby anymore.  I cant figure out where the last year went, and how it could possibly be time to celebrate your 1st birthday!  The last year has been a roller coaster of emotions, but I wouldn't trade a single second with you.  You have brought more joy to my life than I could have dreamed!  I look forward to every day that we have together, and I love you so much!

When planning Brady's birthday party... I found myself getting very emotional about the fact that Brady cant eat cake.  His disabilities are still not under control yet, and swallowing cake just wasn't going to be an option.  After posting on Facebook about how sad I was feeling, a friend suggested Dirt Cake.  I loved that idea!  So, I began researching "bug parties".  I immediately came across the Hungry Caterpillar and fell in love with the idea!  So, I ran with it.  I began making all kinds of things for his party including his invitation!


My dad and sister came to visit for his party!  We invited all of our friends to help celebrate, and the house was all decked out in birthday decor!  I didn't over kill the Hungry Caterpillar theme, but it was present!

The Dirt Cake seemed to be a hit with everyone except my children!  They just don't like things that are overly sweet!  Brady ate a few bites, but Abbie barely touched hers!  We opened presents, but Brady was more interested in watching the football games!  It was a fun afternoon, and a very memorable way to celebrate 1 year of Brady!  

A year of Brady!

Dirt Cake Cups

Brady's special Cup!

Sweet Birthday Boy!

Singing Happy Birthday!

Tasting his cake!

Survey says... Id rather play in it than eat it! 

The kids picnic area!

Dirt cake yumminess!

Opening presents with my boy!

He is such a big boy now!

Loves his cars!  Thank you Kara!

His favorite person... Poppy James!


No comments:

Post a Comment